Monday, January 31, 2022

January 31, Monday

CONFRONTING OBSTACLES

John 18:12-27

Peter denied it again, and immediately a rooster crowed.

John 18:27 (CEB)

            My family and I live in the country and on many mornings the rooster’s song has awakened us, announcing a new day.  Because this is something we have adapted to, we do not pay much attention to this necessary action.  But since I read this text, I can not stop thinking about how Peter felt.

            In those times, to be Christian implied risks, dangers and even sacrificing one’s own life in the name of the Kingdom of our Lord Jesus. And up until today, even though we have more freedom, in various countries there are many people who suffer in multiple ways in order to call themselves Christians.

            Let’s reflect for a moment. Should each of us in our communities and as individuals also face daily obstacles for calling ourselves Christians? Together with me, I invite you to end this meditation using this anonymous prayer that I read one day. I hope you will be able to make it yours and  also reflect on the message that it holds for each one of us. 

 

Prayer: “Lord, give me for today faith to continue forward, greatness of spirit to forgive, patience to understand and wait, the will to keep from falling, the strength to lift myself up, love to give… Make me an instrument of your will, make me strong enough to bear the hits that life gives me.  Let me know what it is you want of me.  Leave me your peace so that I can share it with those who do not have it.  And finally, walk with me and let me know that you walk with me.  Amen.

 

Translation by Deborah McEachran

 

 

Enero 31, lunes

ENFRENTEMOS LOS OBSTÁCULOS

Juan 18:12-27

Pedro lo negó otra vez, y en ese mismo instante cantó el gallo

Juan 18:27

            Mi familia y yo vivimos en el campo y en muchos amaneceres nos ha sorprendido el canto del gallo anunciando un nuevo día. Por lo tanto eso es algo a lo que estamos adaptados, así que nunca le había puesto más atención a este pasaje que la necesaria. Pero desde que leí este texto, no puedo dejar de pensar en qué habrá sentido Pedro.

            En aquellos tiempos, ser cristianos implicaba correr riesgos, peligros, incluso sacrificar la propia vida en nombre del Reino de nuestro Señor Jesús. Y hasta el día de hoy a pesar de que tenemos más libertad, en varios países existen muchas personas que padecen de diversas maneras por llamarse cristianos.

            Reflexionemos  por un momento en si cada uno de nosotros en nuestras comunidades y como individuos, no debemos también enfrentar obstáculos que se nos presentan cada día por llamarnos cristianos. Les invito a terminar la meditación junto a esta oración anónima que leí en una oportunidad y espero que puedan hacerla suya y a la vez reflexionar sobre el mensaje que guarda para cada uno de nosotros.

 

Oración: “Señor, dame  en el día de hoy fe para seguir adelante, grandeza de espíritu para perdonar, paciencia para comprender y esperar, voluntad para no caer, fuerza para levantarme, amor para dar… Haz de mí un instrumento de tu voluntad, hazme fuerte para recibir los golpes que me da la vida. Déjame saber qué es lo que tú quieres de mí. Déjame tu paz para que la comparta con quien no la tenga. Y por último, anda conmigo y déjame saber que es así. Amén.”

No comments:

Post a Comment